10 years ago... I married the greatest love in my life. We look like kids in these pictures!
It is so fun to look back and remember. I really loved our wedding day. It was crazy hot, but I remember being so euphoric, the heat didn't bother me. I can totally remember walking down the aisle. I was trying to tell myself to wipe the big, cheesey smile off of my face. I was sure all the eyes on me were wondering what in the world was the matter with my face??!? I was so happy. Just perfectly happy. And I couldn't stop smiling.
The wedding was perfect, the reception was entertaining and so much fun, and the marriage... I have no complaints. Really!
We are who we are, and we make each other so much more. I feel a little sappy, going on and on. We are not perfect. We disagree. Get on each other's nerves (on purpose at times!), and our lives are maybe not exactly as we planned. But, that is the beauty of it. We love each other, and everything is "going to be ok", as my husband loves to remind me. It always is.
| This was his first look at me. He looks happy. |
| Of course, we were married before this whole "digital photography" thing. So, getting these pictures on here... Nightmare. Ridiculous. |
| This picture has CRACKED me up for 10 years! Totally me... stuffing my face and Cory, well, he looks hysterical. Doesn't he?? |
He is the funniest person I know. We laugh, every day. He is the sweetest man. He is my protector and provider. He adores me. His smile makes me melt. He is such a great daddy. His children strive to be like him, already. He is fiercely determined to make my bad days better. He hates to see me upset about anything. He a huge light in my life, without which, I would live in so much dark.
I didn't know 10 years ago that it would get more amazing every single year. And, the love I had for him then seems microscopic compared to how I feel for him now. And I LOVED him then. Love grows... amazing, huh?
He and I have had some really amazing moments in our marriage. We have had some really hard, heart-wrenching ones too. We lean on each other. Sometimes we are holding on for dear life. But, he has always been there. Always.
I know I am blessed.
I am thankful he chose me to be his bride. I am thankful he would still choose me.
What a life we have. I love this man, so very much.
(*The movie is Sweet Home Alabama. LOVE that movie.)
"What do you want to be married to me for, anyhow?"
"So I can kiss you anytime I want."
Classic.
Love & Laughter,
abby
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13
Oh sweetie! Such a wonderful post! Tears :) Happy Anniversary!!!! :)
ReplyDeletePS - You guys DO look like babies! Holy cow! ;)
Beautiful post. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI always think we look like "babies" when I look at our wedding pics too!