December 5, 2011

Sick Day

Over night, Cooper decided to come down with a cough/sore throat/fever.

I hate to see my kids sick.  Kills me.  However, a sick day allows us to slow down, for which I am thankful.  Everything else can wait and we can just snuggle and rest.  (Getting Cooper to hold still for too very long is challenge, trust me.)

In honor of my sick boy, here are some Cooper-isms.  Enjoy!


"Mom, I feel like an earthworm." 
Me- "huh?!?"
"You know, cruddy.  Like dirt."
Ah.

"I want hair like Elvis."
"Why?"
"You know.... (shyly, but with confidence) The LADIES love Elvis hair."
Hahahaha. (I was thinking, only if they are baby-boomers!)

"Check out my back muscles!"
mmm... k.
(Pretty sure I was praising his shoulder blades.)
"That's AdvoCare, baby!"
Hahahahaha!  He is definitely on-board.

"I really want bonk-beds."
"You mean BUNK-beds."
"No, I like bonk.  Sounds funner."

A mom at his school approached me recently, saying her little girl could spell Cooper's name and was excited.  She chants it like a cheer.  C.O.O.P.E.R. That spells COOPER!
I was giggling about it, and Cooper looks at me and says...
"Well, I guess that makes me famous."  With a look on his face like, "ho-hum, I am pretty amazing."
Then I was belly-laughing, tears pouring out of my eyes.

And some recent photos...
With his glowing Rudolph nose.


THE back "muscles".

And, the gingerbread house I let him decorate
entirely on his own.  I kept my "crazy" in check and didn't
fix anything.  :)


Love & Laughter,
abby

2 comments:

  1. Totally love the Cooperisms! He's so funny...even when doesn't try to be. :) Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete