November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks...

Sometimes as a Mom, you wish you could have a report card of sorts.  "Am I teaching the right things?"  "Do they hear what I am saying?"  "Do my children think of others?"  "Am I messing up royally??"

It is so, so good to hear when our children "get it", when they have done something that makes you well up with pride.

Yesterday I picked Cooper up from school and 2 of his teachers expressed the sweet kindness of my eldest.  They are, of course, discussing the things to be thankful for this week.  Cooper has always had a heart for those less fortunate.  Always.  He let them know how thankful he was for his family, his friends and his home.  And then went on to tell how much he wants to help those with less. 

He wants to give food.

Money.

Time.

Love.

HE IS 5.

His teachers expressed just how passionately he expressed this, how sweet and kind it was to see.

At dinnertime, he said the blessing and expressed again, his worry over those with less.  How he wants to help provide food, homes and money for those with less.

Can I tell you how proud this momma is??!??!

He gets it.  He is compassionate.  He is kind and giving and wonderful.

We should all take note. 

I know I am.

A little holiday cheer...



Love & Laughter,
abby

2 comments:

  1. God has big plans for Mr. Cooper, I know it! :) He is so passionate. :) Love him. :) Little mister's pictures is a hoot! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Definitely big things in store for him! You will be blessed! And...you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete