Anyone else remember as a child thinking time was literally standing still? Some hours felt like days. Some days felt like weeks. Time did not ever rush by.
Why, WHY can't life be like that a little bit as an adult? There is no way to accomplish everything in a day right now. We are abundantly, abundantly blessed. We are spending time doing the things that we love doing. But is is whizzing by.
Thanksgiving is next week. NEXT WEEK! As in, a week from today. (For anyone else completely lost in time, like me.)
I have already begun putting Christmas decorations up. My hope is if I put a few things up each week, it might all be up by Christmas.
I love this time of year. As a child, it took an eternity to get through all the days between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Double that, for the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Oh, it would drag.
What am I saying???
I guess, I just wish it didn't feel so rushed. I wish I had some of the childhood innocence and carefree time of my youth. Anyone else not appreciate it as much as you should have??
I love watching my boys. And all the other kids around that age. Just soaking it all up. The decorations, lights, time together, the real REASON we celebrate...
Wait! I can do all of that... It just goes so fast. Poof. It will be January. Sigh....
I will leave you with a Cooper-ism for the day.
Yesterday he was helping me wash windows. Midway through, he asks, "Mom, do you do this for a living or something??"
Yes. Yes, I do.
And I love and cherish every stinkin' moment of it.
Love & Laughter,
abby
No comments:
Post a Comment