I have had the strangest, funny day and feel like I must share.
To start the day I flushed my phone. The iPhone I've only had a few months.
How, you ask? Delighted to share.
Standing in the bathroom washing my hands, trying to put myself together for the day when my oldest walks in, does his business then walks out. Never flushes, that one.
So, I did it for him, as I was grabbing the towel to dry off my hands.
Forgot my phone was on the counter, under the towel. It flipped around in the air, in slow-motion, of course. As I watch (unable to do a thing about it, as these situations always tend to be) the crazy phone does a complete flip into the toilet and manages to get sucked down the pipe.
Completely.
I stood in shock. Both boys were standing right outside the door in the hallway, when I squealed. They rush in and I tell them exactly what has happened and they mimic my horrified expression.
Then we cracked up and laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Cooper got the belly laughs, which is pretty contagious.
(Pretty sure Cooper will tell this story to everyone we know and don't know for the next 3 months, like he tends to do.)
So, no communication isn't really an option. I load the children up, drop one at Grandma's house and go to replace it.
Turns out insurance DOES cover flushed phone.
Amazing!
Then, this afternoon, I took little two-year-old-crazy-man with me to a dear woman's home so I could get a couple of dresses taken in a smidgen. He got quiet halfway through the second dress.
Never a good omen.
I am not kidding when I tell you he looked like he had applied war-paint in the bathroom. He had found the brightest shade of lipstick this sweet woman owns, and had applied it liberally to his face, head, chest, shirt, arms and hair.
And this lipstick was about the stickiest, non-smudging, lipstick I think you could find.
She has a white/cream colored bathroom, naturally.
Bless her, she laughed and helped me scrub my little man for 10 minutes before I called it "good enough" and threw the dresses her direction and headed out the door with a half-dressed, war-painted tot.
At home, I dunked him in the bathtub and scrubbed with all my might. Then placed him in his bed for a nap. He fought, but I won.
It was only 2:00 pm. Oh my.
Walking back into the bathroom to drain the tub, I glance over and guess what's sitting in the bottom of the toilet???
You got it.
iPhone. Back from the depths of the stool...
I have laughed more today than I have in 10 days, probably.
My life is hysterical.
Love & Laughter,
abby
Wow! Way to stay positive for what could have really been a stressful day! I laughed so hard at your phone returning! LOL
ReplyDeleteSo...you have an extra iPhone?! Great! I've been needing to upgrade! ;) Great attitude. I can't say that I would've reacted the same way, but kids certainly have a way of helping you see things from a different perspective. Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the phone re-appeared! LOL
ReplyDeleteWarpaint...OMGosh...that is too funny!!! Way to keep a good attitude! ;)