March 29, 2012

Super Hero

Cooper is the superhero in our house.  We even call him Super-Coop.

He loves to have capes tied on and to jump off the couch/bed/table in search of his next adventure.
(I should reign this in more, but I know it won't last... which makes me more tolerant about the couch jumping.)

He loves pretend and "being" someone else really cool for time.

But, he is a superhero in real life too. 

He is the first to try and make a bad day better around here. 

He is fiercely protective of his brother, even though he is the first to full-body-slam him to the floor, when given the chance.

He hates when I let Carter cry something out.  Always, wants to go make it better for him.  Hates to hear him cry.

He came home with a precious story the other day and I couldn't wait to share.

He is riding the bus back and forth to preschool right now, while I am watching my dear nieces for a time.  He has a love/hate relationship with the bus.

He LOVES the social aspect of it.

He HATES the idea of needing to use the bathroom and not being home yet.
(You know, I would have that fear too, probably, at this point in my life.)

SO, the ride home is a long one... at least an hour usually, which is nuts, but that's what it is.

Part way home, he noticed a couple of girls picking on a boy.  I'm not sure of the conversation, but he said they were teasing him about not having a family and some other things. 

Cooper could see the boy was hurting, was sad about being teased.  And, he reached out.

He gave him a treat out of the treat bag he got from a birthday celebration at school, hoping that would make him feel better.  (You must know that Cooper doesn't share sugar, generally. It's like gold to him.)

The other kids started asking for treats, naturally, and he refused to give them to anyone else.
(I have to add I am REALLY proud about this. I would have caved at his age and given all my loot away for fear of not being liked or noticed.)

When they complained, he simply replied that he was going to make that boy feel better and they didn't deserve it.  He said God wasn't too happy with people who hurt other people.

He's 5.

I can't tell you how much this does for my mommy heart.

He is listening.
He pay attention.
He loves God.
He is willing to stick up for the under-dog.
He isn't afraid to say "no".
He has no tolerance for injustice.
He is a superhero.

Love & Laughter,
abby

No comments:

Post a Comment