I am struggling with juggling it all right now.
Life feels very busy, like I am trying to stuff a suitcase with more than it will hold.
The problem is... I don't want to give anything up. Each and every item on the "to-do" list and calendar is important and feels needed.
I miss the days of having nothing to do sometimes, though. (ok, I don't really remember those days, but the thought is a nice one.)
We had a discussion in a church group last night that struck a chord with me.
We are meant to have a sabbath day.
A day of rest.
Let's define that, shall we? I LOVE this definition found in Webster's dictionary...
FREEDOM FROM ACTIVITY OR LABOR.
PEACE OF MIND OR SPIRIT.
What would a day like that feel like?
A WHOLE day of rest.
Freedom from activity.
Peace of mind and spirit.
I need to make it more of a priority.
There are days I get close to it. Really. But, I don't know that I can say it is weekly or even monthly.
The kind of day with no phone, computer, work, laundry, trips to the store, contacting clients, following up on details...
I do tend to get caught up in the details.
I need to make rest a priority too.
Anyone have this mastered?? Tips on how you do it?
Love & Laughter,
abby
Very interesting you post this as it has been on my mind too...I am reading a book right now that talks of this very thing and much more.
ReplyDeletehttp://greatermiracles.com/a-time-to-advance-by-chuck-d-pierce/
Check out this link..(not sure why it copied like that) I can tell you the book so far has proved to be AWESOME! I WANT to find my Sabbath...it's a commandment, just like Thou shall not kill, etc. It's so hard and I pray that I and everyone else find the balance!
Ugh! Let me know if you get that figured out! For me, Sunday is one of my busiest days...Sunday school, Church, lunch, I run errands during nap time, come home to laundry, make dinner, then get everything ready for the week! It's insanity!
ReplyDelete