That is how far away we are from seeing Carter turn 2.
2, people.
How did that happen so fast?
I have always tried to use "positive" language when talking about this age regarding my children. (I'm not saying I'm perfect. I am sure I have said terrible at some point...)
It really is a trying age, but one with so much discovery.
It also happens to be the point at which my boys decide they can't live without me.
Not for a day,
a minute,
an hour,
a potty break...
There is so much crying and whining coming out of my easy-going, gentle boy.
It is HARD.
I love to be LOVED.
I love being a mommy.
I even love the chaos, most of the time.
I am going to be so honest right here.
2. Not my favorite age.
3, is hard, but for different reasons. (Opinionated but can communicate!!!)
4 and 5 seem to be the point at which it gets a little easier.
I am praying 6 is the "golden number". Where I might relax a little, not be so nervous?
Anyone???
2... Not easy. Hard to communicate. Opinionated. Exhausting.
So, I am going to force myself to get EXCITED!
I can do this!
I have this!
He can't beat me at this game!
I have the mommy thang, down!! (That's my slang, I don't get out much.)
Whoo hooo!
Rock Star status!!
Whew.... I'm exhausted.
Dearest, Darling Carter...
We love you so much.
I promise to love you through this phase of life just as fiercely as I have the first two years.
I promise to encourage and use positive language in your life.
I promise to be here, present in the moment, more than I am not.
I promise to raise us both up in prayer, cause baby, we will need it.
I promise to always go to bed thankful for the day and you in it.
Love Always,
Your Mama
Awww, I can't believe little man will be 2!!! Where did the time go?
ReplyDeleteHe is so stinkin' cute! I would give almost anything for my kiddos to be back at 2... they just grow up way to fast. Although, I must say, I think ages 9 and 5 are much less exhausting :-) Have fun with it! Melinda
ReplyDeleteCongrats on turning 2! I thought 2 was bad with my girls, then they hit 3 and it got to be even more fun. Now that my youngest is 4 turning 5 though it seems a little less hectic. Would I change anything about the younger years? No way they have been the greatest gift I could ever imagine!
ReplyDelete