This one NOT thrilled to be in the car, again.
Cory's mom said the smile on Cory's face was worth the entire trip. He was really excited to experience this.
Carter was not feeling the moment.
Cooper had so much fin climbing into all these pieces of history. (Cory did too.)
I was amazed at how tall so much of these were. Alan, Cory's dad, thought they would be bigger... perspective, I guess.
Wouldn't you want to blast off into space like this... uncomfortable. It was made for Cooper's size, I thought.
Muscles!
The shuttle that is getting ready to launch next week. We got within a mile of it on our bus tour.
The shuttle behind the boys.
At this point, I don't have proof, but Carter stood and entertained a group from England for about 10 minutes and EVEN POSED FOR PICTURES for them. Grinning the ENTIRE time. What a stinker. I have very few grins caught on camera. Very few.
Posing with a "super cool car, Mom!"
It was really so much more than I expected. We learned a lot, saw a lot. I had no idea it was also a nature preserve. Lots of protected wildlife there. We saw an eagle's nest that is over 40 years old and about the size of a Buick. No kidding! And, alligators in the ditches. Cooper never caught a glimpse, but the rest of us did. It was such a great day.
Then that evening we went to a dinner show called Medieval Times. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was similar to the Dixie Stampede in Branson, with cheesier acting and swords thrown in. Coop LOVED it.
They have a little village set up outside the castle that you can walk through, too.
Carter was able to get down and cruise around, he ran all over.
Cory... always so serious.
LOOK!!! One of him grinning!
It was a fun evening. By this time I had really figured out there wasn't going to be much "down time", apart from the scheduled free day that I had worked in. We were going non-stop from the time we got up until we went to bed. I was feeling a little sore from all the walking that I wasn't used to, but had no idea how much worse I would feel later in the week. Every evening ended with me wrestling Carter into his pj's. Why are 1-year-olds so opinionated about pj's??? He fights them every night!
And laughs about it.
Love & Laughter,
abby

We took a trip to FL when I was in high school and visited all these places you're blogging about. It's fun seeing it all again, but with your sweet babes, it's that much more fun!
ReplyDeleteCute cute cute picture of Carter and his jammies! :) Can't believe that sweet face would ever give you any trouble at all!